Welcome to 3net.com, a website brought to you by Discovery Communications, LLC, Sony Corporation, Imax Corporation ("3net"). Please read this Visitor Agreement; by using this website, you accept its terms.
This Visitor Agreement applies to all of the websites where it is posted. Those websites are referred to collectively in this Visitor Agreement as the "3net Sites." Additional terms and conditions may apply to some services offered on the 3net Sites. Such terms and conditions may be found at the place where the relevant service is offered.
If you disagree with any material you find on the 3net Sites, we recommend that you respond by noting your disagreement in an appropriate site forum where there is one. We also invite you to bring to our attention any material you believe to be factually inaccurate by contacting our representatives at http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/.
The material that appears on the 3net Sites is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Despite our efforts to provide useful and accurate information, errors may appear from time to time. Before you act on information you've found on the 3net Sites, you should confirm any facts that are important to your decision. 3net and its information providers make no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness or completeness of the information on the 3net3net Sites. 3net is not responsible for, and cannot guarantee the performance of, goods and services provided by our advertisers or others to whose sites we link. A link to another website does not constitute an endorsement of that site (nor of any product, service or other material offered on that site) by 3net or its licensors.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Service Provider's Designated Agent. Service
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: [Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should Be Sent:
3net Legal Affairs
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Telephone Number of Designated Agent: 240.662.0000
Facsimile Number of Designated Agent: 240.662.1903
E-Mail Address of Designated Agent: DMCA@3net.com
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. We may give notice to our users by means of a general notice on any of our websites, electronic mail to a user's e-mail address in our records, or written communication sent by first-class mail to a user's physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below.
To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
In submitting user-generated video to the 3net Sites, you agree to the following terms and conditions: For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, you grant 3net, its vendors, production companies, and programming and content distributors, and the parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assigns of all of the foregoing (collectively, the "3net Parties") a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid up license to make use of and distribute your user-generated video submitted hereunder, as well your name, voice, likeness and appearance therein (if any) and the personally identifying information you provide on or in connection therewith (collectively, the "Video Submission"), as further described below. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not be entitled to share in any revenue that the 3net Parties may or may not earn or generate through its use of your Video Submission.
3net Parties' Right to Use Your Video Submission. You grant the 3net Parties the non-exclusive right to edit in any manner, and to use and distribute and license others to use and distribute, your Video Submission, or any portions, reproductions or versions thereof, on the websites, products and/or services (in any and all media, now known or hereafter invented, including without limitation television, home video/DVD products, and mobile services) of the 3net Parties, an unlimited number of times, in perpetuity, throughout the world, with or without charge or cost to end-users or other third parties. You also grant the 3net Parties the right to use and distribute, and license others to use and distribute, your Video Submission in the promotion of such websites, products and/or services, to the same extent permitted for use and distribution of your Video Submission hereunder.
Clearance of Your Video Submission for the 3net Parties' Use. You represent and warrant that your Video Submission is your original work and that you have secured any and all rights, releases and permissions necessary for the 3net Parties' use and distribution of your Video Submission hereunder, including without limitation those related to any people, places, music, performances of dance or music, video, photographs and/or graphics in your Video Submission (collectively, the "Elements").
You represent and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, no further permissions or fees are due for the 3net Parties' use and distribution of your Video Submission or any Elements therein. You further represent and warrant that any statements made by you or others in the Video Submission are true to the best of your knowledge and that neither they, nor any Element of your Video Submission, will violate any law or regulation or violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party.
Waiver of Right of Approval. You hereby waive any right of inspection or approval of your Video Submission as used and distributed by the 3net Parties, including without limitation any approval of your appearance and/or use of your name therewith or the uses to which either may be put.
Release and Waiver; Indemnification. You acknowledge that the 3net Parties will rely on the foregoing terms and conditions potentially at substantial cost to them, and you hereby waive the right to assert any claim of any nature whatsoever against any party relating to the exercise of the rights and permissions granted hereunder. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the 3net Parties from any and all claims arising from their use and distribution of your Video Submission as permitted herein.
COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITES, CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND BLOGS
3net wants to encourage an open exchange of information and ideas through the 3net Sites. But we cannot and do not review every posting made on 3net’s community and social media sites, or in chat rooms, forums, blogs, and other public posting areas. You can expect these areas to include content, information, and opinions from a variety of individuals and organizations other than 3net. We do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any posting, regardless of whether the posting comes from a user, from a celebrity or "expert" guest, or from a member of our staff. There is no substitute for healthy skepticism and your own good judgment.
Responsibility for what is posted on 3net’s community and social media sites, or in chat rooms, forums, blogs and other public posting areas on the 3net Sites lies with each user -- you alone are responsible for material you post. 3net does not control the messages, information or other content that you or others may provide through the 3net Sites. You may use the 3net Sites for lawful purposes only.
By using the 3net Sites, you agree not to submit, post or transmit through the 3net Sites any material or otherwise engage in any conduct that:
• Violates or infringes the rights of others including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights;
- • Allows you to gain unauthorized access to the 3net Sites, or any account, computer system, or network connected to the 3net Sites, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means;
• Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortuous, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts;
• Victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
• Collects for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the 3net Sites.
• Impersonates any person, business or entity, including 3net and its employees and agents or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, business or entity, including 3net;
• Contains an advertisement or solicitation or encourages others to make a donation;
• Contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of a computer or computer network;
• Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or that gives rise to civil liability or that otherwise encourages others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any other person;
• Results in the posting or transmission of any message anonymously or under a false name;
• Permits any person to access, using your account, any features of the 3net Sites that may require registration;
• Results in a single message being posted to more than five areas of any 3net Site, results in any message being posted to any area of the 3net Sites if that message is, in our view, off-topic or in violation of this Visitor Agreement; or
3net requires that you not to use the 3net Sites to violate anyone's copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights. By posting or submitting any material (including, without limitation, photographs and videos) to the 3net Sites, you are warranting and representing that you own or have the right to post or make such submission of the material, or are making your submission or posting with the express consent of the owner, and that no other party has any right, claim, or interest in the material that you have submitted or posted. You also warrant that all moral rights in any material that you submit to us or post have been waived. Submitting or posting material that is the property of another, without the consent of its owner, is not only a violation of this Visitor Agreement, but may also subject you to legal liability for infringement of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
USE OF MATERIALS
With the exception of any and all Video Submissions (3net’s permitted use of which is discussed above) and any material posted on 3net’s community and social media sites, all other material you submit to any of our chat rooms, forums, blogs and other public posting areas, whether text or images, becomes the property of 3net and may be reproduced, modified and distributed as we see fit, in any medium, for any purpose and in perpetuity. Further, you understand that by posting material on 3net’s community and social media sites, you are granting to 3net, and to anyone authorized by 3net, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to display, use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform such materials posted on 3net’s community and social media sites, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose. The foregoing grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such posting or submission, including, but not limited to, rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. Also, in connection with the exercise of such rights, you grant 3net, and anyone authorized by 3net, the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or submissions by name, email address or screen name, as 3net deems appropriate. Please also note the last paragraph in the “COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITES, CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND BLOGS" section above. Click here for the terms and conditions that govern the submission of user-generated video to the 3net Sites.
The materials available through the 3net Sites are the property of 3net or its licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You are free to display and print for your personal, non-commercial use information you receive through the 3net Sites. But you may not otherwise reproduce any of the materials without the prior written consent of the owner. You may not distribute copies of materials found on the 3net Sites in any form (including by e-mail or other electronic means), without prior written permission from the owner. Of course, you're free to encourage others to access the information themselves on the 3net Sites, and to tell them how to find it.
We welcome links to the 3net Sites. You are usually free to establish a hypertext link to any of the 3net Sites so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site by any of the 3net Sites or by 3net. However, you should check the copyright notice on the page to which you wish to link to make sure that one of our content providers does not have its own policies regarding direct links to their content on the 3net Sites.
You agree not to use the 3net Sites to advertise, or to solicit anyone to buy or sell, products or services, nor to solicit anyone to make donations of any kind, without our
express written approval.
NO SPAMMING OR SPIMMING
From time to time, users post their e-mail addresses in our chat rooms, forums, blogs and other public posting areas. You may not gather these e-mail addresses for commercial or illegal purposes, such as sending unsolicited or unrequested e-mail or instant messages.
Without the prior written permission of 3net, you may not frame, or make it appear that a third-party site is presenting or endorsing, any of the content of the 3net Sites, or incorporate any intellectual property of the 3net Sites, 3net or any of their licensors into another website or other service.
We don't want anyone to be confused as to which materials and services are provided by 3net and which are not. You may not use any trademark or service mark appearing on the 3net Sites without the prior written consent of the owner of the mark.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
We work hard to make the 3net Sites interesting and enjoyable places, but we cannot guarantee that our users will always find everything to their liking. Please read this Disclaimer carefully before using any of the 3net Sites.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE 3NET SITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF POSSIBLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE 3NET SITES, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS AND UNCERTAINTIES OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH SUCH INFORMATION. IF YOU RELY ON ANY 3NET SITE OR ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE THROUGH THE 3NET SITES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED FROM OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE 3NET SITES.
THE 3NET SITES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, AND AS AVAILABLE. THE 3NET SITES, AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE 3NET SITES, NOR DO THEY GUARANTEE THAT THE 3NET SITES WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR THAT THE 3NET SITES WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE 3NET SITES OR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE 3NET SITES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE 3NET SITES AND THEIR AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.) YOU AGREE THAT THE LIABILITY OF THE 3NET SITES AND THEIR AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS, IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THE 3NET SITES WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, YOU PAID TO 3NET FOR THE USE OF THE 3NET SITES.
The 3net staff works hard to ensure that information we post to the 3net Sites is both timely and accurate. But the news changes over time and reports that were accurate when posted may quickly become old news. Though we may post follow-up reports, and may continue to provide access to the original report, as in an archive of news stories, for example, we don't go back and change the original report to reflect new developments. If you're looking for the most recent information on a given subject, and not the history of how the story unfolded, be sure you're not looking at an out-of-date report.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless 3net, its partners, affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers, from and against any and all losses, expenses, damages and costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting from any violation of this Visitor Agreement or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing any 3net Site using your account.
This Visitor Agreement has been made in and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland. By using the 3net Sites, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Maryland, in all disputes arising out of or relating to this Visitor Agreement.
In the event that any portion of this Visitor Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the enforceability or validity of any other portion of this Visitor Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect and be construed as if the invalid or unenforceable portion were not part of the Visitor Agreement.
ASSOCIATED PRESS CONTENT
The 3net Sites include certain content owned by the Associated Press. Without limiting the generality of any of the foregoing provisions of this Visitor Agreement, you specifically acknowledge and agree that (a) Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium; (b) no Associated Press materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use; (c) the Associated Press will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing; (d) the Associated Press is an intended third-party beneficiary of this Visitor Agreement and may exercise all rights and remedies available to it; and (e) the Associated Press reserves the right to audit possible unauthorized commercial use of Associated Press materials or any portion thereof at any time.
By using the 3net Sites, you agree to abide by the terms of this Visitor Agreement. We hope you enjoy using the 3net Sites, and we welcome suggestions for improvements. Thanks for making the 3net Sites part of your discoveries online!
Last updated October 17, 2011